AliExpress Affiliate – Make More Money with Affiliate Marketing
AliExpress affiliate is no different from any other affiliate program out there and even better in many cases if we compare it with renowned affiliate programs like Amazon Associates.
Today, we are going to take a look at the AliExpress affiliate program and see how it works. It’s an added bonus for dropshippers who can earn an 8% on top of their already set profit margins with AliExpress dropshipping.
So, check out this article to learn everything you want to know about the AliExpress affiliate program and see how you can make money with it.
What is AliExpress Affiliate?
AliExpress affiliate is the same thing as any other affiliate program. You are provided with a special link to AliExpress products and you can start promoting this link to earn a commission on each product that’s sold.
The rates are varying depending on the types of products. Some products even pay as high as 50% of the commission on each sale. So, you can make a killing revenue with this program.
- AliExpress affiliate offers a minimum of 8.5% commission on a sale.
- AliExpress cookies last 30 days.
- AliExpress ships worldwide.
- Shipping takes a long time.
- Affiliate reporting takes 2-3 days to update.
- AliExpress isn’t as trusted as Amazon, eBay.
Why Choose Aliexpress Affiliate Program?
Aliexpress affiliate program is an ultimate revenue-generating machine for marketers. AliExpress paid out over $100000 per month with top sellers making up to $20000 every month in affiliate commisions.
The affiliate program has also been offered by another online retailer website like Amazon. However, Aliexpress offers a much better commission and incentive than Amazon.
How is it better from Amazon?
The affiliate program of AliExpress is similar to Amazon associates, where you can promote products on your website and earn commission on the sale made through your channels.
However, in many aspects, it outranks Amazon in terms of services and benefits. I am listing some of those aspects here,
1. In terms of language support, AliExpress offers six more languages support than Amazon does. It has 16 languages support while Amazon has only 10. Moreover, a variety of payment options makes it more convenient to use worldwide.
2. Aliexpress is a China-based platform that makes this platform more preferable as most items are manufactured here that cuts down the prices must lower and becomes more competitive to other shopping portals.
3. Similar to Amazon, AliExpress also offers a huge collection of products including clothing, accessories, and electronics. A large range of niches gives an edge to the marketer to leverage from these products.
4. Aliexpress payment security makes it the most desirable affiliate platform. All the transactions are integrated with an Escrow service, which means that the funds would only release to the sellers after buyers confirm their satisfaction with the order.
5. The best factor is the higher commission; On Aliexpress affiliate marketers receive the commission rates of 8% for all product categories – whereas Amazon gives 4% commission.
6. Aliexpress offers a longer cookie duration of up to 30 days. That means if a buyer comes to your website and makes a purchase after 30 days you will be paid. Whereas, Amazon only offers a 24-hour cookie.
Interesting facts about Aliexpress:
- Aliexpress offers almost everything you can think of. Over 130,000 active sellers, that serves buyers from more than 200 countries & regions.
- Most of the sellers of Aliexpress offer free shipping; however, it takes 30-40 days to deliver. Many sellers offer shipment via e-packet that shortens the time to 15-20 days with little-to-none charges.
- You will most of the products at the cheapest rate on this platform, as the majority of products are made in China.
- AliExpress has reached 100 million buyers milestone in 2017 that makes it one of the biggest online retail services worldwide.
How to sign up for AliExpress Affiliate?
Signing up for an AliExpress affiliate is pretty easy. It takes just a few minutes to get yourself an affiliate account on AliExpress and start selling products to earn a commission.
Just head over to the portal.aliexpress.com then click Register and create an account.
Now, you have an affiliate account on AliExpress and you can start promoting products on your website, blog, social media profile, or anywhere you want. AliExpress will provide you with an API that you can use to promote the products. Each sale that is generated from your unique affiliate link will earn you a commission.
AliExpress Affiliate Plugin
AliExpress Affiliate Plugin (AliPlugin) is a WordPress plugin developed by the AliPartnership. This plugin makes it easier for all the affiliates to add their links to their blogs and stores.
It lets you import your desired products and put them up for sale in your own store. You can also configure the product in a way that it automatically adds your referral link to all the AliExpress product links on the website.
So, if you want to earn money from the AliExpress affiliate program then using the AliPlugin is going to help make it easier for you. This plugin automates most of the simple tasks for you so you can focus on marketing and promotion of the products.
The AliPlugin costs $69 as a one-off payment and it’s definitely worth the money with all its features.
AliExpress Affiliate Program Commission Rates
One thing that discourages many people from joining different affiliate programs is the relatively low rate of commissions. For example, Amazon affiliate commission ranges from 1% to 10%, but 4% is the usual rate you get.
The commission rates for AliExpress tarts from a generous 8.5% and go up to 10%. Besides, from time to time AliExpress offers an additional commission for new users which is around 6%.
One thing that can be considered a downside of AliExpress affiliate program is that they only pay via International Wire Transfer and the minimum withdrawal amount if $16 since $15 is the processing fee.
AliExpress Affiliate Vs. Amazon Affiliate
Amazon also offers an amazing affiliate program that’s been used by thousands of affiliate marketers out there to earn great money. Both affiliate programs have their ups and downs. So, we are going to compare both these programs together on different aspects and see which one does better than the other. In bold the winner.
- AliExpress cookies last 30 days.
- Amazon cookies last only 24 hours.
- AliExpress ships all over the world.
- Amazon is only available in some countries.
- AliExpress is less trusted in certain parts of the world.
- Amazon is much more of a trusted company compared to AliExpress.
- AliExpress commission is a minimum of 8.5% on average.
- Amazon commission is 4% to 5% on average.
- AliExpress reporting takes 2 days.
- Amazon reporting takes 1 day.
- AliExpress’ product selection is a bit limited.
- Amazon has a large product selection.
So, you can see both these affiliate programs come out equal since each has its own strengths. It depends on the user to choose whichever program they like and use it to make money for themselves.
AliExpress Affiliate Vs. Dropshipping
This is one of the most asked questions by people who are starting out with AliExpress. They want to know if it’s a good idea to go with the AliExpress affiliate program over AliExpress dropshipping.
Both of these things are drastically different from each other. AliExpress affiliate lets you promote products on the website and earn a predefined commission on each sale while dropshipping allows you to promote the products on your website (as yours) and earn as much profit as you want (since you get to set the profit margins yourself).
Both of these methods are viable for earning through AliExpress, but if you are just starting out and have no idea where to begin then it’s better to stick with AliExpress affiliate program. It lets you easily promote products on AliExpress without having to invest in your website or online store.
AliExpress Affiliate with Oberlo
Oberlo is an app for Shopify stores that lets you import products from AliExpress and sell them using the dropshipping model. It does much more than that and allows you to set your own profit margins and import descriptions/pictures as well.
However, there’s another bonus feature that you will have to get enabled in your Oberlo dashboard. You can make around 8% on each dropshipping sale that you make through Oberlo via the AliExpress Affiliate program.
Normally, every sale that you make through Oberlo uses Oberlo’s own AliExpress affiliate API so they get to benefit from the 8% of commission on each sale.
However, you can contact the Oberlo support team and ask them to enable the AliExpress affiliate API panel. This will let you enter your API credentials in the Oberlo app and now you will be able to make 8% on top of the dropshipping profit margin on each sale. This is a great way to further reduce your costs and make extra income with the AliExpress affiliate program.
So, this is what AliExpress affiliate program is all about. As you can see this is a great program for beginners who don’t want to jump into AliExpress dropshipping right away. This program lets those people earn some steady income through AliExpress while keeping everything quite simple overall. Also, people who are already doing dropshipping can further decrease their Costs of goods by getting an additional 8% discount on each of their sales.
In any case, AliExpress affiliate program is an amazing feature of the ecommerce giant and provides a great way to earn some extra money online without having to put in a lot of work. Just give it a try and see if it works out for you.
Do let us know what you think about this program and if you have already used it before. Comment below to let us know.
Also, don’t forget to join our Facebook group for further discussion.